Chelsea News: Shirt numbers available to Thiago Silva at Chelsea

Chelsea are thought to be on the verge of completing a deal for Thiago Silva following his departure from Paris Saint-Germain.

The 35-year-old is out of contract at the Parc des Princes following his side’s Champions League final defeat to Bayern Munich on Sunday, but he is expected to quickly find a new club.

Silva will reportedly put pen to paper at Chelsea this week, continuing what has already been a busy summer at Stamford Bridge.

Silva wore the number two throughout his eight years at PSG, but he may be forced to find a different jersey at Stamford Bridge.

The number two is currently occupied by Antonio Rudiger at Chelsea, and with the German not expected to leave this summer it is unlikely that Silva will be granted his preferred choice.

The Brazilian occasionally wore the number 12 in the French capital too, but that is also currently occupied at Chelsea by Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Before moving to PSG, Silva played in the number 33 shirt at AC Milan – that too is unavailable as things stand at Stamford Bridge, although current occupant Emerson Palmieri has been tipped to leave this summer.

Marcos Alonso has also been linked with an exit and his number three shirt was worn by Silva during his brief stay at Fluminense at the start of his professional career.

Other notable shirt numbers currently free at Stamford Bridge are the numbers 25 and 26, previously worn by club legends Gianfranco Zola and John Terry respectively.

Chelsea News: Chelsea spending more money on transfer market

Chelsea are on course to spend more money than in any previous transfer window after striking deals to sign Kai Havertz and Thiago Silva.

Havertz (£90m) and Silva (free) are the latest in a string of additions which will take Frank Lampard’s spending past £200million.
Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner are already through the door for a combined £90m while Ben Chilwell’s £50m arrival is thought to be imminent.

Share and Enjoy !

Posted in Club News, Latest

Big day for Chilwell as he faces a key assessment ahead of his proposed £50million move to Chelsea

Ben Chilwell today faces a key assessment ahead of his proposed £50million move to Chelsea.

The left-back is due to visit a consultant for the latest news on a heel injury which could see him miss the start of the new season. It is exactly three weeks until the new campaign starts and if Chilwell’s spell on the sidelines is set to drag into the new campaign, Chelsea could look elsewhere for a new full-back.
A source told The Sun said: “If Ben gets news he is going to be out for another six weeks, not three, then Chelsea could well take a totally different view on this whole matter.”

Thiago Silva set to sign one-year contract with Chelsea

Chelsea are reportedly closing in on the signing of experienced centre-back Thiago Silva.
The 35-year-old captained Paris Saint-Germain into Sunday night’s Champions League final with Bayern Munich, which was decided by a Kingsley Coman goal in the second period.

Silva has now become a free agent, though, and various reports in recent days have claimed that he is a target for Frank Lampard’s side ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.

According to Sky Sports News, the Blues are now closing in on the signing of the Brazilian, who is set to pen a contract with the Premier League club until June 2021.

Silva has spent the last eight years with PSG, making over 300 appearances in all competitions, winning seven Ligue 1 titles in the process during a hugely successful spell.

Fiorentina have also been strongly linked with his services in recent days but Silva has denied the deal.

Share and Enjoy !

Posted in Club News, Latest

Chelsea News: Chelsea face another warning in pursuit of Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz

Bayer Leverkusen director Rudi Voller has warned Chelsea that Kai Havertz will not be sold on the cheap and will remain at the club for at least another couple of weeks.

The Blues are believed to have made signing the Germany international their primary target, having already added Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner to their attacking ranks.

Leverkusen value Havertz at £81.5m and Voller will not consider cashing in for anything less, even during a period of financial uncertainty for clubs.

The 60-year-old has also informed Chelsea that the in-demand attacker will see out the rest of Bayer’s Europa League campaign, which resumes on Thursday with a last-16 second leg against Rangers.

“It is set in stone. There is no new stance,” he told German outlet Kicker when asked if Leverkusen will consider selling Havertz early.

“There will also be no ‘corona bonus’. No matter who the player is.”

Kai Haverz is desperate to join Chelsea as soon as possible but Bayer Leverkusen has told their young forward that he is staying put for their Europa League campaign, reports Bild.

Talks continue between the Premier League and Bundesliga clubs, with a fee agreement expected to be reached in the region of €80-90m.

But Leverkusen’s decision means Havertz would not be free to move to England until the third week of August.

Chelsea’s domestic campaign concludes on Saturday when they take on London rivals Arsenal in the FA Cup final at Wembley.

Timo Werner and Antonio Rudiger convinced Kai Havertz to join Chelsea’

Chelsea News: Chelsea face another warning in pursuit of Kai Havertz, Chelsea make contact with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre

Kai Havertz’s Germany teammates Timo Werner and Antonio Rudiger have reportedly convinced the Bayer Leverkusen midfielder to join Chelsea this summer.
The Blues have been given the green light to press ahead with plans to sign the 21-year-old after securing Champions League qualification on the final day of the season.

Chelsea have already brought in Werner and Hakim Ziyech this summer, and a third deal to sign Havertz is thought to be nearing its conclusion after the German international expressed his desire to leave Leverkusen last week.

football.london reports that his compatriots Werner and Rudiger have been encouraging him to move to Stamford Bridge, selling him on the club’s vision under manager Frank Lampard.

Havertz is now keen to push through a deal by as early as next week, although the two clubs must first agree a fee for the attacking midfielder.

Chelsea are also understood to be looking at a new goalkeeper, left-back and centre-back as they plan a big-spending summer despite the financial impact of coronavirus.

Chelsea News: Chelsea make contact with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Chelsea News: Chelsea face another warning in pursuit of Kai Havertz, Chelsea make contact with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre

Chelsea have opened talks with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen over a summer switch to Stamford Bridge, according to a report.
The Blues are on the lookout for a new number one due to doubts over Kepa Arrizabalaga, who was again dropped by Frank Lampard on the final day of the Premier League season.

Ter Stegen is widely considered to be Chelsea’s top choice to succeed Kepa, while Manchester United’s Dean Henderson and Andre Onana of Ajax are two other options.

Spanish outlet Cadena Ser claims that the West London outfit have taken the first step towards signing the 28-year-old by reaching out to his camp.

Chelsea’s rumoured approach comes in the same week that Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu told Ter Stegen that he must accept a salary cut if he is to stay at Camp Nou.

Germany international Ter Stegen, who finished second to Alisson Becker in FIFA’s Best Goalkeeper award last year, is also supposedly a target for Bayern Munich.

Share and Enjoy !

Posted in Club News, Latest

Chelsea shows confident over Kai Havertz deal even if Champions League bid fails

Chelsea are reportedly confident of pulling off a deal to sign Bayer Leverkusen’s Kai Havertz this summer even if they are unable to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

The Blues are currently fourth in the Premier League table and know that a point against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday afternoon would guarantee themselves a spot in the top four.

A defeat against Nuno Espirito Santo’s side would open the door for Leicester City, though, with the Foxes taking on third-placed Manchester United at the King Power Stadium.

Previous reports had suggested that Frank Lampard’s side would have to secure Champions League football for next season in order to sign Havertz this summer.

However, according to the Daily Mail, the capital giants are confident of pulling off the deal even if they fail to book a spot in Europe’s leading competition for the 2020-21 campaign.

The newspaper claims that Chelsea are determined to make the Germany international their third attacking signing of the summer, having already completed moves for Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner.

Havertz has allegedly already agreed terms on a five-year contract at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea weighing up summer move for Manchester city’s John Stones

Chelsea are reportedly considering a summer approach for Manchester City centre-back John Stones.

The 26-year-old has only made 16 Premier League appearances for Pep Guardiola’s side this season, having fallen down the pecking order at the club.

Stones is in the final two years of his contract at the Etihad Stadium, meanwhile, and there have been suggestions that he could leave the Citizens in search of pastures new.

According to Football Insider, Chelsea have identified the former Barnsley youngster as a potential signing during this summer’s transfer window.

The report claims that Frank Lampard’s side have internally discussed the possibility of signing Stones as they look to bring a new central defender to Stamford Bridge ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.

Arsenal and Newcastle United have also been mentioned as potential suitors for a player who has won two Premier League titles, two EFL Cups and one FA Cup during his time in Manchester.

Juventus keep hope of signing Jorginho in bargain deal

Juventus are reportedly waiting to see whether Chelsea qualify for next season’s Champions League before launching an offer for Jorginho.

The Italy international has been strongly linked with a move to the Old Lady in recent months, with Chelsea thought to be open to the idea of selling him during this summer’s transfer window.

According to Tuttosport, Juve are interested in the 28-year-old but will wait to see whether the Blues quality for the 2020-21 Champions League before making an official bid.

The report claims that Juve are of the opinion that it will be ‘easier’ to sign the midfielder if Frank Lampard’s side miss out on Europe’s premier competition, meaning that he could be available in a ‘bargain’ deal.

Chelsea are currently fourth in the Premier League table, one point clear of fifth-placed Leicester City ahead of the final round of top-flight fixtures on Sunday afternoon.

The London giants know that a draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers would be enough to make the top four, but a defeat would open the door for Leicester, who welcome third-placed Manchester United.

Share and Enjoy !

Posted in Club News, Latest

Lampard speaks on Ziyech stay at Chelsea as he began training with squad

Frank Lampard has revealed Hakim Ziyech is settling in at Chelsea after joining his team-mates in a group training session for the first time on Thursday.

The attacker completed a move from Ajax back in February and is now getting familiar with his team-mates and building his fitness ahead of next season.

“Hakim has been here for the week, trained a couple of days on his own and then he’s integrated a bit with the team so [he’s settling in] very well,” Lampard said. “The lads have welcomed him very well.
“He’s settled in and chatting and forming those new relationships in the early stages and more importantly for him, getting himself fit.

“It’s been nice for him to take a bit-part in training and then also get some physical work because he hasn’t trained or played for a quite a while.”

Chelsea considering signing a new centre-back this summer as Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen have been offered new deals by the club

Chelsea are reportedly considering bringing a new central defender to the club during this summer’s transfer window.
The Blues currently sit third in the Premier League table, while they will have the chance to book a spot in the FA Cup final when they face Manchester United in the semi-finals on Sunday.

Frank Lampard’s side have had their problems defensively this season, though, conceding 49 times in the Premier League, which is only the 11th-best defensive record in the division.

According to Goal, Chelsea ‘are increasingly considering’ bringing a new centre-back to Stamford Bridge to boost their squad ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.

The report, meanwhile, claims that neither Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen have been offered new deals by the club, which has placed their futures in doubt.

The London club have already secured deals for Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner ahead of next season, while they also continue to be linked with Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell.

Lampard insist Chelsea not going out for revenge in FA cup semi final

Frank Lampard has insisted Chelsea are not out for revenge against Manchester United in Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final.
Lampard’s Blues have slumped to three defeats to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side already this term.

But the Stamford Bridge boss says Chelsea will cast aside any resentment of August’s 4-0 Old Trafford humbling, the 2-1 home loss in the Carabao Cup and February’s 2-0 west London defeat when they meet at Wembley.

“Knowing the circumstances of the games, fair play we’ve lost three, that’s just a fact, and I’m not into revenge, I just want to win the game in front of us on Sunday,” said Lampard.

“We played some good stuff in the Carabao Cup. We played a very changed team and played some good stuff, but you still lose.

“And in the league we had a good first half, missed opportunities and they took theirs.

“So I think you have to respect the fact that they’re a good team, we can all see that in their recent performances, but I’m not overly concerned with the games that have gone by. I just want to win the one in front of us.”

Lampard invoked a personal grudge when his Derby side clashed with Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds last season, amid the spygate row between the two clubs.

When asked why he motivated his Rams for retribution but would not now look for similar with Chelsea, Lampard said: “That was a different circumstance, there was a lot more to that, a lot of off-field stuff.

“I think when I say I’m not too concerned about it, of course the detail of the game and knowing the quality of their players, they counter-attacked us at Old Trafford to great effect, and it was pretty similar at the Bridge.

“So I won’t go short on those details, but I don’t want to get caught up in we must have revenge because of that. Because at the moment in the league we’re fighting, we’re one point ahead of them and it’s going to be tough.

“Those defeats are just part of our season, the Carabao Cup’s long gone, the FA Cup’s of course in front of us and we just respect them as what they are, a very good team, with very good individuals creating some great performances.

“Leeds was clearly different because of outside things that happened.

“But Manchester United, it’s two big teams going against each other and we want to win the game for what it is.”

United have seen a host of Video Assistant Referee (VAR) decisions go in their favour recently, including a couple of key calls in their match at Crystal Palace on Thursday.

Wilfried Zaha was denied a penalty just moments before Marcus Rashford put United ahead, with Jordan Ayew also seeing a goal ruled out for offside as the Red Devils prevailed 2-0 in south London.

“There is always a human element to VAR still, of course. Clearly they have to make a decision,” said Lampard.

“The confusing thing about some of the recent decisions and the one last night (Thursday) is that it’s a very, very clear and obvious decision that is wrong, that didn’t get reviewed and changed.

“And a few of those have happened. And that is strange.

“I would like to think sometimes you have to be level-headed. Some may go against you or not, but it just seems a period where Manchester United have got a few in their favour with VAR.”

Share and Enjoy !

Posted in Club News, Latest