Chelsea News: Chelsea face another warning in pursuit of Kai Havertz, Chelsea make contact with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre

Chelsea News: Chelsea face another warning in pursuit of Kai Havertz, Chelsea make contact with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre

Chelsea News: Chelsea face another warning in pursuit of Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz

Bayer Leverkusen director Rudi Voller has warned Chelsea that Kai Havertz will not be sold on the cheap and will remain at the club for at least another couple of weeks.

The Blues are believed to have made signing the Germany international their primary target, having already added Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner to their attacking ranks.

Leverkusen value Havertz at £81.5m and Voller will not consider cashing in for anything less, even during a period of financial uncertainty for clubs.

The 60-year-old has also informed Chelsea that the in-demand attacker will see out the rest of Bayer’s Europa League campaign, which resumes on Thursday with a last-16 second leg against Rangers.

“It is set in stone. There is no new stance,” he told German outlet Kicker when asked if Leverkusen will consider selling Havertz early.

“There will also be no ‘corona bonus’. No matter who the player is.”

READ Also  Chelsea qualify for Champions league and welcome Timo Werner; See Lampard and squad reaction

Kai Haverz is desperate to join Chelsea as soon as possible but Bayer Leverkusen has told their young forward that he is staying put for their Europa League campaign, reports Bild.

Talks continue between the Premier League and Bundesliga clubs, with a fee agreement expected to be reached in the region of €80-90m.

But Leverkusen’s decision means Havertz would not be free to move to England until the third week of August.

Chelsea’s domestic campaign concludes on Saturday when they take on London rivals Arsenal in the FA Cup final at Wembley.

Timo Werner and Antonio Rudiger convinced Kai Havertz to join Chelsea’

Chelsea News: Chelsea face another warning in pursuit of Kai Havertz, Chelsea make contact with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre

Kai Havertz’s Germany teammates Timo Werner and Antonio Rudiger have reportedly convinced the Bayer Leverkusen midfielder to join Chelsea this summer.
The Blues have been given the green light to press ahead with plans to sign the 21-year-old after securing Champions League qualification on the final day of the season.

READ Also  Chelsea news: Christensen ‘loves’ Chelsea and eye more stay, Willian expresses disappointment over loss to West Ham

Chelsea have already brought in Werner and Hakim Ziyech this summer, and a third deal to sign Havertz is thought to be nearing its conclusion after the German international expressed his desire to leave Leverkusen last week.

football.london reports that his compatriots Werner and Rudiger have been encouraging him to move to Stamford Bridge, selling him on the club’s vision under manager Frank Lampard.

Havertz is now keen to push through a deal by as early as next week, although the two clubs must first agree a fee for the attacking midfielder.

Chelsea are also understood to be looking at a new goalkeeper, left-back and centre-back as they plan a big-spending summer despite the financial impact of coronavirus.

Chelsea News: Chelsea make contact with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Chelsea News: Chelsea face another warning in pursuit of Kai Havertz, Chelsea make contact with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre

Chelsea have opened talks with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen over a summer switch to Stamford Bridge, according to a report.
The Blues are on the lookout for a new number one due to doubts over Kepa Arrizabalaga, who was again dropped by Frank Lampard on the final day of the Premier League season.

READ Also  Chelsea Report: Chelsea eye Henderson with; promised Huge wage, Kai Harvetz and Rice deal update

Ter Stegen is widely considered to be Chelsea’s top choice to succeed Kepa, while Manchester United’s Dean Henderson and Andre Onana of Ajax are two other options.

Spanish outlet Cadena Ser claims that the West London outfit have taken the first step towards signing the 28-year-old by reaching out to his camp.

Chelsea’s rumoured approach comes in the same week that Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu told Ter Stegen that he must accept a salary cut if he is to stay at Camp Nou.

Germany international Ter Stegen, who finished second to Alisson Becker in FIFA’s Best Goalkeeper award last year, is also supposedly a target for Bayern Munich.

Share and Enjoy !

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0Shares
0