Chelsea News: Chelsea face another warning in pursuit of Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz
Bayer Leverkusen director Rudi Voller has warned Chelsea that Kai Havertz will not be sold on the cheap and will remain at the club for at least another couple of weeks.
The Blues are believed to have made signing the Germany international their primary target, having already added Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner to their attacking ranks.
Leverkusen value Havertz at £81.5m and Voller will not consider cashing in for anything less, even during a period of financial uncertainty for clubs.
The 60-year-old has also informed Chelsea that the in-demand attacker will see out the rest of Bayer’s Europa League campaign, which resumes on Thursday with a last-16 second leg against Rangers.
“It is set in stone. There is no new stance,” he told German outlet Kicker when asked if Leverkusen will consider selling Havertz early.
“There will also be no ‘corona bonus’. No matter who the player is.”
Kai Haverz is desperate to join Chelsea as soon as possible but Bayer Leverkusen has told their young forward that he is staying put for their Europa League campaign, reports Bild.
Talks continue between the Premier League and Bundesliga clubs, with a fee agreement expected to be reached in the region of €80-90m.
But Leverkusen’s decision means Havertz would not be free to move to England until the third week of August.
Chelsea’s domestic campaign concludes on Saturday when they take on London rivals Arsenal in the FA Cup final at Wembley.
Timo Werner and Antonio Rudiger convinced Kai Havertz to join Chelsea’
Kai Havertz’s Germany teammates Timo Werner and Antonio Rudiger have reportedly convinced the Bayer Leverkusen midfielder to join Chelsea this summer.
The Blues have been given the green light to press ahead with plans to sign the 21-year-old after securing Champions League qualification on the final day of the season.
Chelsea have already brought in Werner and Hakim Ziyech this summer, and a third deal to sign Havertz is thought to be nearing its conclusion after the German international expressed his desire to leave Leverkusen last week.
football.london reports that his compatriots Werner and Rudiger have been encouraging him to move to Stamford Bridge, selling him on the club’s vision under manager Frank Lampard.
Havertz is now keen to push through a deal by as early as next week, although the two clubs must first agree a fee for the attacking midfielder.
Chelsea are also understood to be looking at a new goalkeeper, left-back and centre-back as they plan a big-spending summer despite the financial impact of coronavirus.
Chelsea News: Chelsea make contact with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen
Chelsea have opened talks with Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen over a summer switch to Stamford Bridge, according to a report.
The Blues are on the lookout for a new number one due to doubts over Kepa Arrizabalaga, who was again dropped by Frank Lampard on the final day of the Premier League season.
Ter Stegen is widely considered to be Chelsea’s top choice to succeed Kepa, while Manchester United’s Dean Henderson and Andre Onana of Ajax are two other options.
Spanish outlet Cadena Ser claims that the West London outfit have taken the first step towards signing the 28-year-old by reaching out to his camp.
Chelsea’s rumoured approach comes in the same week that Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu told Ter Stegen that he must accept a salary cut if he is to stay at Camp Nou.
Germany international Ter Stegen, who finished second to Alisson Becker in FIFA’s Best Goalkeeper award last year, is also supposedly a target for Bayern Munich.
Inter deal for Kante face major set back
Inter Milan coach Conte is trying to convince the club’s board to agree to N’Golo Kante’s salary, according to Italian broadcaster Sport Mediaset.
Kante reportedly considers his time at Stamford Bridge to be over after four years at the club.
His €8m-a-year deal with the Blues doesn’t expire untile 2023, and Inter will struggle to match his current wages.
Kai Havertz transfer to Chelsea latest update
Bayer Leverkusen has accepted that Kai Havertz wants to join Chelsea this summer, and will sanction a move providing he stays until the end of August.
That is because they want the Germany international available to complete their Europa League campaign, with the Daily Star reporting that, if Chelsea agree to this, they can then pay the reported £89million in installments.
Rudiger face doubtful future at Chelsea
Antonio Rudiger’s future at Chelsea is reportedly in doubt, with the Premier League giants yet to offer the central defender a new deal.
The 27-year-old has made 111 appearances for the Blues since arriving from Roma in 2017, including 24 outings in all competitions during the 2019-20 campaign.
The Germany international’s current deal at Stamford Bridge is due to expire next summer, though, and according to the Daily Mail, there has not yet been any talks over a possible extension.
The report claims that Frank Lampard’s desire to improve his defence ahead of next season could lead to Rudiger being moved on in the upcoming transfer window.
The centre-back lost his spot in the Chelsea XI after the 3-2 loss at West Ham United earlier this month but was back in the starting side against Norwich City on Tuesday night.
The Blues are next in action against Manchester United in the semi-finals of the FA Cup on Sunday.
Chelsea News: Rudiger contacts Havertz over Chelsea deal following Real Madrid interest
Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger has reportedly been in contact with international teammate Kai Havertz in an attempt to entice him to Stamford Bridge this summer.
The Blues are understood to be leading the race for the Bayer Leverkusen playmaker, who is expected to hand in a transfer request at his current club ahead of a summer exit.
Previous reports have suggested that Havertz is tempted by a move to Chelsea in order to link up with Rudiger and new arrival Timo Werner, both of whom he plays alongside for Germany.
Former Germany international Oliver Bierhoff believes Kai Havertz is best suited for a move to Real Madrid, Chelsea are thought to be favourites to sign the Bayer Leverkusen star but Bierhoff has backed him to succeed in the Spanish capital.
Bild now claims that Rudiger has been in contact with the 21-year-old for a couple of weeks in order to coax him to the club, having also reportedly done the same during the pursuit of Werner.
Havertz is expected to cost at least £80m, which would take Chelsea’s summer spending to more than £150m following the arrivals of Hakim Ziyech and Werner.
The attacking midfielder has emerged as one of the most coveted players in Europe, having scored 17 goals and created nine more in 43 appearances across all competitions.
Chelsea News: Chelsea set to rival Wolverhampton Wanderers for Facundo Pellistri
Chelsea have reportedly identified Penarol youngster Facundo Pellistri as a potential transfer target.
Despite still being five months short of his 19th birthday, Pellistri has already made 25 first-team appearances for the Uruguayan club.
However, the emergence of the winger has naturally led to interest from Europe with Manchester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers said to be among his suitors.
According to Calciomercato, Chelsea are also admirers of the prospect, who still has two years remaining on his contract.
Although the Blues are well stocked for options in wide areas, they would be prepared for Pellistri to earn regular action elsewhere before contending for a place in the senior ranks.